Guest Post: Skylette from Sassy Savvy Style

Hello Ladies!

I'm Skylette from Sassy Savvy Style and I'm so excited to do a guest post while the lovely Lilly is away; don't you just love her style?!?!  I do too, and I love that she is giving herself a no shopping ban for October, I think I will join too!  In light of the no shopping ban, I thought it would be great to start a feature called, "One Piece, Three Ways" as a way for me to start remixing my closet and working more with what I've got versus what I want.  Let's give this a whirl, shall we?

First up is a sequin shell from Ann Taylor that I absolutely love.  One of my friends mentioned once that sequins are for nights out only... Sorry, but I have to disagree.  Sequins can be worn for a night out, sure, but also to the office, for lunch with the girls and to church too!  Have a look:

Look #1:  For the Night Out




I wore this number for a hot date with my hubby and kept it more casual with skinny jeans and a blazer
{Outfit Details:  Ann Taylor Sequin Shell, Gap Blazer, Loft Pin, American Eagle Skinnies, Zara Heels}


 
Look #2:  In the Office


I kept the look fun and fierce for the office and wore a silk button down under the shell with some denim trousers.  Wearing the blouse UNDER the top kept it work appropriate but also allowed the shell to be a statement piece without covering up all those lovely sequins!
{Outfit Details:  Ann Taylor Sequin Shell, J Crew Dot Blouse, Jessica Simpson Leopard Heels}


Look #3:  To Church



Finally, a little number to wear to church... I paired the shell with a neutral skirt and a cardigan with a fun pop of color, and of course, we can't forget the shoes... Color mixing has been all over the place so instead of going neutral there, I added a fun, vibrant yellow shoe.
{Outfit Details:  Ann Taylor Sequin Shell, Banana Republic Cardigan, J Crew Skirt, Urban Outfitters Shoes}

There you have it; three ways to wear one piece.  I'm inspired to keep reworking my closet and stick with this shopping ban, so let's do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment